Thursday, August 30, 2007

Extra Days & Artist's Dates

I have a four-day weekend coming up. Do I hole up and write like a crazed woman or go to one of half a dozen events in the greater Colorado Springs area or some combination of the two?

I'm opting for a combo platter. We already have tickets for the Theatreworks production of Hamlet on Sunday. So I think I may go the arts & crafts fair in Manitou Springs Sunday morning. That always counts as a nice Artist's Date event. Shoot, if I'm still having trouble sleeping (yes, it's still an issue), I might be up early enough to catch the balloon festival. But on Saturday I want to spend the day with my writing.

Monday is the Rogue gathering, but I don't have plans for earlier in the day. Tuesday is wide open.

A nice variety of fun things to do and free time. Of course, there is also a possibility of waking up next Wednesday wondering why I didn't get any writing done and didn't really do anything else either. I'm ashamed to say how often that has happened in the past. So I'm putting it out here in order to be held accountable come next Wednesday.

I'm counting on you to keep me honest.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Hrm, perhaps you and I are somehow psychically linked with the lack of sleeping thing. Though, while you're having trouble going to sleep, I'm having trouble sleeping past six thirty. Strange.

The combo platter approach sounds good. With Monday open, save the rogues, that'd be the perfect time to hunker down and be productive. Then you can tell us about how productive you were when we see you for coffee. How's that for accountability?

Minion GIR said...

That's pretty much what I was counting on. Thanks!