Monday, December 1, 2008

December Goals

After November, it feels like I would be justified in saying no to goals for the month. But I really don't want to do that. I have a bit of momentum going, although I know that December tends to be a tough month to accomplish much in, I'm still going to keep working.

So, here they are:

--Write another 10,000 words of TNN. This is one fifth of what I did last month, and I have 6 handwritten pages already so not too worried about hitting it.
--Rewrite 2 chapters of MMG. One of the distractions that happens during NaNo (and any other time I'm writing) is that ideas for what's wrong with some other project come fast and furious. Again this one is not pushing it at all.
--Finish 4 books I've already started. I'm about halfway through Dexter In The Dark and Night. I'm about a third of the way through The Worst Hard Time and The Secret Life Of Bees.
--Do the CWC critique--of course. This is going to be fun because it's the whole manuscript of FJR with new ending.

I'm also going to try to design a NaNoReMo program for January. That stands for National Novel Revising Month. Jenny wants to do the NaNo writing in January and asked me to join her, but I have 2 1/2 novels to rewrite so they can start being submitted. Might be a tricky thing to quantify and break down, but I'll give it a shot.

Anyway, that'll be December. Along with shopping and wrapping and eating and partying and all that good stuff.

No comments: